I'm a big fan of old fashioned rolled oats with blueberries and brown sugar. But by the time I've microwaved it and let it cool, my son is already done with his breakfast and wanting to play. Plus cleaning stuck on cooked oats from the bowl is really a pain. I found these recipes on The Yummy Life. These are great recipes but I've come to the conclusion that dry measurements should be in measured in mass (grams) and not volume (cups). Plus it's really nice to not have to mess with so many measuring utensils when you can just use a digital scale and zero it out after each ingredient. So I've converted the measurements below for the Blueberry Maple.
- 25 grams Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 7 grams Chia Seed
- 1/3 cup Milk - I've used 2% but you should be able to get away with any milk
- 85 grams Greek Yogurt - (1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons Maple Syrup - Use the real stuff, people
- 45 grams blueberries, frozen or fresh - Obviously this amount is preference
Pretty simple. Mix all the ingredients in a sealable container like a mason jar. I'd recommend putting the blueberries in last after mixing the other ingredients, especially if they are fresh. Otherwise they may break apart. Put it in the fridge overnight. It should last for a few days so you can frontload your breakfasts for the week.