In the past I've used traditional spreadable pomade, but really wanted to be able to make my own. As I looked for DIY recipes but they always turned out as a solid and not what I was expecting. But then I realized that bar form could actually work.
Once this is made you just need to rub the bar on your head. I tend to put it on my hair when it's wet. Then just style it by hand or with a comb. The great thing about this being a bar is that you only rub on what you need and there's no excess. Plus it's one less liquid to have to travel with.
- 38g Beeswax
- 38g Coconut Oil
- 25ml Jojoba or Grapeseed Oil
- 7g Arrowroot (or Cornstarch)
- 18 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 6 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Double boil or microwave the beeswax, coconut oil, jojoba/grapeseed oil until all oils are just liquid.
- Add the essential oils and stir
- Add the arrowroot/cornstarch and stir until the powder is evenly blended
- Pour the liquid in to whatever shape forms you like. I use a silicone brownie bite tray.